Using a few super simple time management skills will add 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there and help you discover the proper utilization of your time that you can never have imagined.
Time management at home is a great tool for helping you get your life organized. Usually, when looking for ways to manage time, people have the tendency to test, try, and then give up on these skills in exchange for non-essential things.
- Make use of your time preparing lunches, backpacks etc the night before.
- Get things ready– documents, car parking change, shopping lists before ending the day out.
- In many ways, clutter costs much! It drains you of your time and energy. Organize things by putting keys, handbag and other items at the same spot.
- Have kids’ backpacks hang at a designated spot and encourage them into the habit of doing assignments immediately after school and loading their bags before they go to sleep.
- Create a daily routine to streamline your day. Don’t waste time on pointless things that don’t really matter or it will end up becoming a habit.
- Overcome procrastination by identifying that you are beginning to delay important tasks for unnecessary ones over and over again. Determine these time-wasters- the TV, the chitchat, or spending too much time checking on emails or social networking sites.
- No one person can do everything so let older kids help you with simple things like preparing lunchboxes, emptying the dishwasher or starting a load of wash. DISCLAIMER: My son is 27 and is still incapable of putting a plate in the dishwasher!!
- Delegation is also important for proper time management, which can play an important role in moulding your kids.
- Maximize the time when you are at the highest energy level. Learn to multi-task at this time.
- But do not let your downtime pass you by. Instead, take time to relax. All work and no play will surely make you very dull!
- Your time and energy are priceless and you need to be firm in setting limits. Everything needs not to be done perfectly. We are, after all, humans.
- Following these simple time management at home tips will help you save time and energy and feel less stressed.
- (alternatively, win the lottery and employ a housekeeper)